Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Greetings, all!

Behold, the inaugural post!

I like history. I like history a lot. It's for that reason that I got my history degree, as opposed to the incredible career prospects I was promised when I signed up for it.

Furthermore, I like writing about history, teaching others about it, and many other things besides. This includes, but is not limited to: composing very unscholarly articles my university's student newspaper, drunkenly extolling the awesomosity of John A. Macdonald on the appropriate holidays, ranting about sloppily written histories (and praising the good ones when they appear), and being far more obsessed with the field than is really necessary for any living being.

This, therefore, is my outlet. Links of interest will be posted (including my Meliorist articles), along with reviews of both books and movies, and whatever else I feel is relevant. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment