Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In Need of Direction

Welp, my Meliorist column has ended with the passing of the semester. As I'm sure you've noticed, that was my go-to for content this past while.

So what do I do instead? Having to stick with a schedule was good for me and I should probably continue with that. But I want to do something different than the 'humourous history' schtick I had going on. It doesn't have to do with history, although I'd still write on this blog.

Here are some ideas I have:
1) A short fiction blog, with a minimum of 2000 words of story per week. (As a point of contrast, the Things in History You Should Know articles went from 700-1000 words.) Self-contained stories or tied together? I don't know.
2) A reader request article series on this blog. Suggestions are given for a topic, I choose one, and I do my level best to write a thousand word article on it in a week.
3) A video blog (because it might be fun) with reviews of what I've read in the past week.
4) I've noticed that a lot of my friends like writing but find it difficult to write much. I could expand the short fiction blog idea to include whoever's interested, with the requirement that they post a set amount of words per week (which they would set).

Which of these do you like? What tweaks do you suggest? Is there anything really cool that I haven't thought of?

I'm courting your thoughts here. Would they like flowers? I'll get them flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment